Powered by the integrated LifecycleDM technology, Report Express is a reporting/business intelligence solution covering:
- Extraction from disparate sources, transformation and loading with into a Data Warehouse, Data Mart or Operational Data Store.
- Publishing and management of report templates, organized in a hierarchical Report Catalog.
- Browsing and on-demand generation of reports in various formats – Excel spreadsheets, PDF, XML, HTML, CSV.
- Creation of ad-hoc queries and reports via builders, which display the data entities using business-oriented terms instead of physical names usually understood only by IT personnel.
- Scheduled execution of reports based on multiple schedules (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) and delivery based on predefined lists of subscribers within or outside of the organization by e-mail or other channels.
- Inheriting all functionality of LifecycleDM, Report Express adds functions for report management – publishing, language and parameter management, on-demand execution, scheduled execution, file formats, subscribers and delivery channels.
- The Reporting Portal is oriented towards the end users, allowing them to work in a user-friendly business-oriented environment.
- The Dashboard displays information about the latest event in the system (report data preparation, report generation, control statement execution) and customizable KPIs displaying vital performance info.
- Allows easy browsing through the Report Catalog and already generated reports, on-demand generation, creation of new ad-hoc reports using the Report Builder and storing them in the Catalog.
- This is a feature, which allows browsing through the business-oriented metadata describing the data sources and reports.
For its back-end, Report Express tightly integrates with LifecycleDM’s architecture by extending its metadata model with reporting-specific entities. Report Express also reuses the application server architecture of LifecycleDM, but it adds additional components – the Portal web application and the Report Generation Web Service (RGWS). RGWS turns Report Express into a SOA solution, which is able to interoperate with various systems on different platforms by exposing a standardized web service interface for generation of reports. Report Express is a container for third-party report generation tools. Currently, the ReportingEngines (Actuate) Formula One tools – e.Report Engine and e.Spreadsheet Engine – are used in the background to provide generation of rich report content in multiple file formats. Report Catalog is a small web-based application that provides the end-users with an access to the generated reports according to their location, department and position. This additional tool vastly decrease the number of connections to the Report Express.Back to top
In 2007, Société Générale Expressbank (Bulgaria) has migrated to a new core banking information system. As part of this project RCC Solutions deployed Report Express to cover the regulatory, management and other reporting based on daily extracted data from the core banking system's database.Back to top
Hardware Intel x86-compatible 32/64 bit
Operating System Windows / UNIX / Linux
Database Server Oracle 9i / 10g
Application Server Any J2EE Application Server (BEA WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss or other)
Additional Software Actuate Formula One reporting engines
Web Browser Modern web browser on any platform